Lentil Power Bowl with Pickled and Fresh Veggies
Nutrient-dense and Delicious!
I snacked my way through the day and was craving a big bowl of veggies by the time meal prepped some basics and made a late lunch. But I didn’t want my usual bowl of roasted winter veggies… I was craving something fresh, light and tangy…but still hearty. So I meal prepped some quick pickled veggies and lentils today and this bowl was my late lunch.
The details…. 20 minute Pickled Cabbage (recipe from Cooking Light), 10 minute Pickled Cucumber (recipe adapted from Bon Appetit), Lentils, fresh broccoli, radish and of course avocado. And not shown, it was all served with a Green Goddess Tahini Sauce (recipe adapted from Veg News). Packed with flavor and so delicious!
Scroll down for recipe.
Lentil Power Bowl with Pickled & Fresh Veggies
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Lunch, Salad, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cucumber, cut into ¼ inch thick round slices
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- ½ cup packed parsley (flat leaf or curly, I've made it both ways)
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions (mix of white and green parts)
- 2-4 garlic cloves (original recipe calls for 4 cloves and we love it, but very garlicky. So if you prefer less garlic flavor, start with 2 cloves and add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small handful of cilantro leaves, Optional (I've made it both with and without cilantro)
- Combine cabbage, vinegar, and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Whisk rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce,and crushed red pepper in large bowl.
- Add cucumber slices to vinegar mixture; toss to cover all the cucumbers. Cover and chill ten minutes to 1 hour.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. If too thick, add an extra tablespoon of water.
- Add to the bowl, lentils, pickled cabbage, pickled cucumbers, avocado, broccoli, radishes and serve with Green Goddess Tahini Dressing.