Lentil Power Bowl with Pickled & Fresh Veggies
Quick Pickled Cabbage (recipe from Cooking Light)
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Pickled Cucumbers (recipe adapted from Bon Appetit)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cucumber cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices
Green Goddess Tahini Sauce (recipe adapted from Veg News)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup packed parsley flat leaf or curly, I've made it both ways
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions mix of white and green parts
- 2-4 garlic cloves original recipe calls for 4 cloves and we love it, but very garlicky. So if you prefer less garlic flavor, start with 2 cloves and add more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small handful of cilantro leaves Optional (I've made it both with and without cilantro)
Lentils, approximately 1 cup prepare according to package. (I cooked mine in boiling water for approximately 30 minutes)
1/2 Avocado, diced
1/2-1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into florets
1-2 radishes, sliced
1 few cherry tomatoes
Quick Pickled Cabbage
- Combine cabbage, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Whisk rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce,and crushed red pepper in large bowl.
- Add cucumber slices to vinegar mixture; toss to cover all the cucumbers. Cover and chill ten minutes to 1 hour.
Green Goddess Tahini Sauce
- Add all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. If too thick, add an extra tablespoon of water.
- Add to the bowl, lentils, pickled cabbage, pickled cucumbers, avocado, broccoli, radishes and serve with Green Goddess Tahini Dressing.