- 3 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- salt to taste (I used about ¼ tsp)
- Mash avocados
- Add in and mix well cilantro, red onion, lime/ lemon juice, and salt to taste.
Sunday dinner is one of the few meals I can count on everyone eating at the same time. So I try to make something for everyone, and we always make extras to get us through the next few days. My husband grills a big batch of chicken or makes breaded chicken, and I usually make some kind of grain and lots of veggies. Meal prep doesn’t last long with two boys in the house but it’s nice to have the fridge stocked with easily heated up dishes at least a day!
So tonight is Mexican rice with black beans, corn & tomatoes, recipe adapted from Test Kitchen, homemade guacamole, grilled chicken, lettuce and sour cream so everyone can make a bowl to that suits them!
Scroll down to see the recipe.