Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Fresh-tasting, Hearty and Delicious!
This bright and colorful quinoa salad is crazy easy to make and bursting with flavor in every bite!
I first made it last Spring and it was on repeat all Summer long. Earlier this Spring I made it for a friend and was reminded just how easy and delicious it is! And now I’m whipping it up for Cinco de Mayo!
It is so simple yet the best mix of flavor and textures.
Juicy mango, hearty beans, nutty quinoa, crunchy pepper and scallions, all mixed in a simple Lime Dressing and topped with creamy avocado. You could skip the avocado but depending on what your eating this with, the avocado makes it heartier and is really yummy.
And you literally only need 5 main ingredients: quinoa, black beans, mango, red pepper and scallions.
The lime dressing is made with just 6 ingredients blended together: Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), cilantro, fresh lime juice, jalapeno, cumin and salt.
It all comes together quickly and this easy to prep salad has an amazing mix of flavors and textures. It’s fresh-tasting yet hearty, and perfect as is or alongside any protein of choice.
Best part, it makes a large quantity and stays well for a few days (add avocado only when eating) so it’s great for meal prep or feeding a crowd –brunch, bbq, picnic, a pot luck.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Scroll down for recipe and leave a comment if you try.
Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Salad, Sides
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 5 tablespoons fresh Lime Juice (approximately 3 limes)
- ½ jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup red bell pepped, seeded, stemmed and diced (approximately 1 medium pepper)
- 1½ cup fresh mango, diced (approximately 1 mango, peeled and pitted)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 scallions, sliced thin, white and green parts or more to taste
- 1 avocado, cut into 1 inch pieces, for serving
- Place quinoa and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Let cool, the fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. If making salad immediately, spread quinoa onto a rimmed baking sheet and let cool for 20 minutes. Then transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small blender or food processor, process lime juice, jalapeño, cumin and salt until jalapeño finely chopped, approximately 15 seconds. Add oil and cilantro (while still running if using a food processor) and process until well combined, approximately 20 -30 seconds.
- Set aside.
- Add pepper, mango, beans and scallions to bowl with cooled quinoa. Add ½ the dressing and toss to combine. Taste and add more dressing as desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When serving, top with avocado.