Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 baby Bella mushrooms clean by rubbing with damp cloth, don't rinse
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced sun-dried tomatoes packaged in olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs we used Aleia's
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and dice into small pieces.
- In a medium skillet, add oil and heat on medium-low. When shimmering, not burning, saute onion, mushroom stems and sun-dried tomatoes until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and continue to saute an additional minute.
- Add spinach and saute just until wilted. Remove from heat and add the feta cheese reserving a 2 tablespoons for topping, breadcrumbs and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan, stir to combine.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture, place on prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon Parmesan, top with remaining feta and heat until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. *Mushrooms are very hot coming out of the oven so be sure to cool a few minutes before serving. This appetizer is yummy warm or cold.
- Note: Sometimes the mushrooms may release liquid, so when removing from the cookie sheet lightly dap with a paper towel before serving.