Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 baby Bella mushrooms clean by rubbing with damp cloth, don't rinse
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced sun-dried tomatoes packaged in olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs we used Aleia's
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and dice into small pieces.
- In a medium skillet, add oil and heat on medium-low. When shimmering, not burning, saute onion, mushroom stems and sun-dried tomatoes until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and continue to saute an additional minute.
- Add spinach and saute just until wilted. Remove from heat and add the feta cheese reserving a 2 tablespoons for topping, breadcrumbs and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan, stir to combine.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture, place on prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon Parmesan, top with remaining feta and heat until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. *Mushrooms are very hot coming out of the oven so be sure to cool a few minutes before serving. This appetizer is yummy warm or cold.
- Note: Sometimes the mushrooms may release liquid, so when removing from the cookie sheet lightly dap with a paper towel before serving.
6 thoughts on “Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms”
Made these for Thanksgiving and they were a hit. The recipe was super easy and super yummy. My 4 and 7 year old loved the yummy mushrooms. Thanks
Great! So happy everyone, especially the kids, loved them! Thanks you!
These are delicious! I didn’t add bread crumbs. SO yummy. I will make again. Also the stuffing I’m going to make as a chicken stuffing.
So happy you love them! Thank you! And the filling would be delicious with chicken!
We are making these again for Thanksgiving! Simply delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe
Thank you!! So happy you all love them!