Veggie Black Bean Quesadilla
8 gluten-free flour tortillas (we used Siete Almond Flour tortillas)
Mexican Veggie & Bean Mix:
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup carrots chopped
- 1 red pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 8 oz-10oz container mushrooms chopped
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Topping ideas (Optional)
- Monterrey jack cheese is a great add to the quesadilla if you're not dairy-free
- 1 avocado cubed or mashed
- fresh cilantro chopped
Mexican Veggie & Bean Mix:
- Heat canola oil in a large saute pan.
- Add pepper & carrots. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until just starting to get tender.
- Add garlic and saute for approx 1 minute until tender & fragrant.
- Add and mix in squash and mushrooms. Saute for 5-7 minutes until starting to cook and soften such that mushrooms "shrink" in the pan.
- Stir in black beans. Then add spices and mix well.
- Let simmer on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring periodically, until tender.
- TIP: Veggie mix can be made ahead and warmed up when ready to eat.
- While veggies simmer, prep any toppings.
- Chop avocado and cilantro.
How to make a quesadilla
- When ready to eat, heat a fry pan over medium heat. Spray with canola oil or melt butter or butter alternative. Place tortilla in pan and cook for approximately 1, add Mexican mix to tastes, top with cheese if desired, then top with additional tortilla and cook each side 2-3 minutes or until outside is just crispy and filling warmed.
- Serve as is or top with avocado, guacamole, sour cream and/or fresh cilantro.
9 thoughts on “Veggie Black Bean Quesadillas”
LOVED these! I pre-made then for my work lunches and very good re heated. I recently went gluten free and these quesadillas were so good! The tortillas stayed intact unlike other gluten free tortillas I’ve tried! Will definitely make these again!
So happy you loved them! Great idea to have pre-made for lunch!
And aren’t the Siete Foods tortillas so good? 🙂
These are amazing!! Being gluten and dairy free can make enjoying a quesadilla challenging but these are so flavorful, I didn’t miss the cheese at all!
I am loving all the great recipes on your site! I was wondering why the nutritional values are never listed. That would make it a whole lot easier to know which recipes are worth printing instead of having to make/measure and enter everything into an app only to find it is too much fat, carbs, protein, sodium, etc. I have noticed others have asked about nutrition with other recipes as well 🙂
Thanks so much!
Absolutely love this recipe!! So easy and delish!
Happy you love it! Thank you!
Just want to say how grateful I am for this site. When my 2 yr old was diagnosed with Celiac I wasn’t sure how to navigate any of it. Websites like this make things so much better and food more enjoyable. Thank you so very much
Thank you so much! Comments like this make my day! So happy our site has been helpful and made your celiac journey a little easier and hopefully yummier!