- ½ cup or 1 stick butter or dairy-free butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ - ½ cup cane sugar my family doesn't love a sweet cookie so I made these with 1/3 cup but if you want slightly sweeter cookie can go up to 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs I haven't made these with flax egg yet but this would be the amount I would use: 1½ flax eggs = 1½ tablespoon flax seed meal + 3¾ tablespoons water, mixed and let stand 5 minutes
- ½ cup peanut butter or nut/ seed butter of choice I used Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour with xanthum gum* (We used GF Jules flour, Affiliate Link)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chips of choice
- 1/2 cup M&Ms or chocolate candy of choice plus more for topping
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand up mixer or hand mixer, mix butter, sugars and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Beat in Peanut Butter.
- In a separate small bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with a fork or pastry cutter. Then add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Add in oats and mix till combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and m&ms and gently mix till combined. (You could opt to leave some out for topping or use extra for topping)
- Form into tiny balls (about 1½ -2 inches) and place on prepared baking sheets about 1½ inches apart. Gently press dough balls to flatten them, top with additional m&ms or chips as desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Store well at room temp for a week. Freeze well.