No Bake Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter Crispy Base
- 3 3/4 cups gluten-free brown rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter or nut/seed butter of your choice
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or dairy free chocolate chips (we used sem
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt for topping optional
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour brown rice cereal into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla stirring often until well combined, smooth and "liquid-y".
- At the same time, in a small saucepan, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil on low heat, stirring frequently until melted and well combined.
- Pour peanut butter mix over cereal and mix well until all the brown rice cereal is well coated. Pour or spoon the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the backside of a spoon or a spatula, lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter crispy base. Tilt pan side to side a bit or spread with a spatula to make sure it's even.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for an hour (if you can wait!). If you want to top with salt, remove from fridge after 15 mins when chocolate slightly cooled and sprinkle with salt, return to fridge OR top with salt after removing from fridge after the hour, but salt may not stick as well.
- Remove from refrigerator and let bars rest at room temperature for about 5 minutes before cutting. If they are too cold, the chocolate may crack a bit when cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.