One Bowl Almond Flour Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup mashed banana about 1 medium banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup apple, chopped small
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, chopped small or raisins
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 12 full size muffin tins with parchment paper or grease well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. This not only combines the ingredients but breaks down any clumps in the almond flour so that it is super fine.
- Add egg, almond milk, almond butter, banana, vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add in walnuts and mix until combined.
- Add in carrots, apples and raisins and mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the batter evenly into the prepared baking tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and bake another 5 minutes or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Let cool in the muffin tins for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool. Muffins will continue to set while they cool. Enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days or freeze (I generally freeze breads/ muffins for up to 2- 3 months)