Pasta with Spinach, Onions and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil approximately 10 chopped, feel free to add more or less depending on tastes
- 1-2 tablespoons of the sun dried tomato oil
- ½ - 1 red onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 5 oz container of chopped spinach
- 1 box gluten-free pasta of your choice we used Banza chickpea shells
- salt and pepper to taste
- feta or ricotta salata
- Bring salted water to a boil and prepare pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil from the sun-dried tomato jar.
- Add red onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach (it seems like a lot but quickly reduces once it starts to wilt) and cover for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and let mixture cook and reduce while the pasta finishes cooking.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining pasta.
- Then drain pasta and add to the vegetable mixture. Mix well, adding some reserve pasta water or extra sun dried tomato oil as needed or desired to make creamier.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve as is or with feta or ricotta salata.
3 thoughts on “Pasta with Spinach, Red Onion and Sundried Tomatoes”
Great easy weeknight meal! I added feta and kalamata olives, with a dash of balsamic. so tasty!
Great adds! Some of my favorite flavors! Thanks for sharing 🙂
This looks so good! Do you have nutritional info for it!?