Peanut Butter Blossoms
Soft, puffy peanut butter cookie + chocolate kiss = melt in your mouth YUMMY!
Truth: I have never made Peanut Butter Blossoms until last week when I was playing around with my mom’s peanut butter cookie recipe and added chocolate kisses on a whim…OMG, I’ve been missing out all these years!
It is a soft and puffy peanut butter cookie, rolled in sugar and topped with a chocolate kiss… melt in your mouth YUMMY! If you like peanut butter and chocolate you will go crazy for these cookies!
They are also one of the easiest cookies to make. It starts with the peanut butter cookie dough (can be made dairy-free, egg-free and vegan). Then once the cookies have finished baking, you press a milk chocolate kiss into the center of the cookie. That’s it! The bottom of the kisses will be a little warm and melty at first which is the best time eat them in my humble opinion 🙂
Scroll down for recipe and leave a comment if you try.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Cookies, Desserts, Snacks
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan Optional, Vegetarian
- ½ cup or 1 stick dairy free butter or butter, softened (we used Earth Balance dairy-free, soy-free sticks)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- scant ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ flax eggs (1½ tablespoon flax seed meal + 3¾ tablespoons water) OR 2 eggs*
- ½ cup peanut butter (I used Natural Creamy Peanut Butter)
- 1¼ cup gluten-free flour (with xanthum gum)* (We used GF Jules flour, Affiliate Link)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Cane sugar for rolling
- 24-28 chocolate kisses, wrapper removed (exact number depends on exact number of cookies
- *NOTE: if using eggs instead of flax egg, use ⅓ cup additional flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If you are using flax egg and haven't already made it, in a small bowl mix 1½ tablespoons flaxseed meal with 3¾ tablespoons water and let stand for 5 minutes. Mix again before using.
- Using a stand up mixer or hand mixer, mix butter, sugars and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
- Add flax egg or eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Beat in Peanut Butter.
- In a separate small bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with a fork. Then add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls, roll cookies in sugar and place on prepared baking sheets about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes.* Cookies will be very light brown and puffed. *if you have the time, bake one tray at a time on center rack.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and lightly press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie, allowing it to crack slightly.
- Cool completely, then store in an airtight container. Store well at room temp for a week. Freeze well.