Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick dairy free butter or butter softened (we used Earth Balance dairy-free, soy-free sticks)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- scant 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 flax eggs 1 1/2 tablespoon flax seed meal + 3 3/4 tablespoons water OR 2 eggs*
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour with xanthum gum* (We used GF Jules flour, Affiliate Link)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- *NOTE: if using eggs instead of flax egg use 1/3 cup additional flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If you are using flax egg and haven't already made it, in a small bowl mix 1 1/2 tablespoons flaxseed meal with 3 3/4 tablespoons water and let stand for 5 minutes. Mix again before using.
- Using a stand up mixer or hand mixer, mix butter, sugars and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
- Add flax egg or eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Beat in Peanut Butter.
- In a separate small bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with a fork. Then add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Form into tiny balls (about 1- 1 1/2 inches) and place on prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Press dough balls with the back of a fork to flatten slightly and make criss-cross.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Store well at room temp for a week. Freeze well.