Peanut Butter Cookies
Easy, Crisp on the outside, Chewy on the inside and YUMMY!
In honor of National Peanut Butter Day, sharing my family’s Peanut Butter Cookie recipe for the first time and they are so yummy!
Adapted these to be Gluten-Free AND Vegan (left an egg option on the recipe for those who want it) and they taste just like I remember! Crispy on the outside, a little chewy on the inside and YUMMY!
All you need are 10 real, whole food ingredients…. butter or dairy free butter, brown sugar, cane sugar, vanilla extract, flax eggs or regular eggs, peanut butter, gluten-free flour (we used GF Jules, affiliate link), baking soda, gluten-free baking powder and a pinch of salt.
No matter how you make them, they are super easy to whip up. Just please note that if you use regular eggs, you have to add a little extra flour.
And have fun making criss crosses with a fork….
You’ll get about 24 -30 cookies depending on how big you make them. And if they don’t disappear in a minute, they freezer well.
Hope you love them as much as we do!
Scroll down for recipe and leave a comment if you try.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Cookies, Desserts, Snacks
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan Optional, Vegetarian
- ½ cup or 1 stick dairy free butter or butter, softened (we used Earth Balance dairy-free, soy-free sticks)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- scant ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ flax eggs (1½ tablespoon flax seed meal + 3¾ tablespoons water) OR 2 eggs*
- ½ cup peanut butter (I used Natural Creamy Peanut Butter)
- 1¼ cup gluten-free flour (with xanthum gum)* (We used GF Jules flour, Affiliate Link)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- *NOTE: if using eggs instead of flax egg, use ⅓ cup additional flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If you are using flax egg and haven't already made it, in a small bowl mix 1½ tablespoons flaxseed meal with 3¾ tablespoons water and let stand for 5 minutes. Mix again before using.
- Using a stand up mixer or hand mixer, mix butter, sugars and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
- Add flax egg or eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Beat in Peanut Butter.
- In a separate small bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with a fork. Then add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Form into tiny balls (about 1- 1½ inches) and place on prepared baking sheets about 1½ inches apart. Press dough balls with the back of a fork to flatten slightly and make criss-cross.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Store well at room temp for a week. Freeze well.