Pesto Penne with Veggies
Quick, Nourishing and DELISH!
This super quick and easy pasta dish is sure to be a Spring and Summer favorite!
Ancient Harvest POW! Pasta Green Lentil Penne, Homemade Basil Pesto, Broccoli, Asparagus and Sundried Tomatoes. This simple dish comes together in less than 30 minutes and is packed with flavor and goodness! It tastes great warm or cold so it’s perfect for an easy dinner or as a pasta salad at a brunch, barbecue or picnic.
We love the Ancient Harvest POW! Pasta Green Lentil Penne for this dish. It’s made with just Green Lentil flour and Organic Quinoa flour so it’s packed with plant-based protein (25g of protein and 7g of fiber per serving!) . Most importantly it tastes great so it’s always a hit.
Ancient Harvest provided promotional consideration for this post. Opinions are my own.
Scroll down for recipe.
Pesto Penne with Veggies
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies, Sides
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
- 1 9.6oz box Ancient Harvest POW! Green Lentil Penne
- 2 heaping cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1½ -2 inch pieces
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Basil Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw unsalted almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Place basil, garlic and almonds in a food processor and run/pulse several times until finely minced
- Add salt and pepper and pulse a few more times.
- With the food processor running, stream olive oil into the top of the food processor. Scrape down the sides as needed and run food processor until well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Add cheese and process briefly until just combined.
- Add rice wine vinegar and pulse a few times until just combined.
- Can be made ahead and kept in seal container in the refrigerator.
- While the pasta cooks, steam the vegetables.
- In a medium saucepan, bring an inch or two of water to a boil. Place cut vegetables into a steamer basket or strainer with handle. Place strainer over boiling water. Cover and steam cook for approximately 5 minutes until vegetables bright green and tender crisp (they can be pierced easily but still a bit of crunch to them) Steam longer for softer vegetables.
- Remove strainer from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl place cooked penne, steamed veggies, sundried tomatoes and 1 cup basil pesto. Toss to combine.
- Server and enjoy!