Perfect Pumpkin Bread or Muffins
- ⅓ cup butter or dairy-free butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temp preferably
- ½ 15 oz can pure pumpkin which equals ½ cup + ⅓ cup canned pure pumpkin
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose Flour with xanthum gum we use GFJules -- affiliate link
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts optional but we always add them
- ⅓ cup raisins optional
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips + extra for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and either grease and flour a 10 inch bread pan or line with parchment paper, or line 12 muffin tins with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in eggs, pumpkin and water.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Add dry ingredients to wet & mix well.
- Stir in nuts, raisins and/or chocolate chips if using.
- Pour into prepared bread pan or muffin tins. Add additional chocolate chips if using.
- For Muffins: Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. TIP: check muffins at 30 minutes and lightly cover with foil if you feel the tops are cooking too much. If you cover with foil, leave in an extra 10 minutes to make sure center cooks well.
- For Bread, bake in a greased or parchment lined 10 in pan (10x5.5x3) for 50 mins or until a cake tester comes out clean. If the top is done enough for you but the center not coming out clean, cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-20 mins in the muffin tins or loaf pan. Then remove and let cool on baking rack.