Quick Veggie Quinoa Stir Fry
Easy, Savory and Delish!
My weekday afternoons are always busy, but some days are really crazy with everyone coming and going at different times. On those days, we sometimes each eat different food for dinner. This was my plate… a quick and easy Veggie Quinoa Stir Fry.
It’s simply any mix of vegetables you have on hand (I used broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and snap peas), sautéed in avocado oil, a touch of Toasted Sesame oil & salt, then mixed already cooked Quinoa, and topped with avocado, scallions & a handful of pistachios. That’s it! Super adaptable to tastes and really yummy!
Serve alone for a light meal or along side any additional protein.
Scroll down for recipe.
Veggie Quinoa Stir Fry
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Sides, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, white part separated from greens
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Approx 2 cups cooked & cooled quinoa
- 2-3 c chopped veggies (ideas: broccoli, snap peas, cauliflower, carrots, greens. mushrooms)
- Kosher Salt & pepper to taste
- Handful of roasted, salted pistachios
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sauté onion & white part of green onion until soft & translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic. Sauté till fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add in mixed vegetables and toasted sesame oil, mix together and saute for approximately 7-10 minutes until vegetables tender (for softer vegetables cook longer)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When vegetables cooked to taste, add in prepared quinoa and mix to combine and heat quinoa.
- Remove from heat and top with avocado, green parts of scallions and pistachios.
- Serve warm or cold.