Fresh, Light and Flavorful!
This Quinoa Tabbouleh is a gluten-free take on the classic tabbouleh.
It’s simply cooked quinoa mixed up with finely chopped parsley, scallions, mint, fresh cucumber and cherry tomatoes all tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.
It’s fresh, light and flavorful. And it’s adaptable to tastes and availability of ingredients. For instance, we like ours to have a lot of quinoa so we dial down the amount of herbs and veggies, but you could easily dial it up. You could also leave out or increase any of the ingredients. My family doesn’t love mint for instance so I will often leave it out and add mint just to my plate.
It pairs well with so many other salads and a protein of choice. We’ve served it with grilled chicken, steak and salmon. And tonight, I mixed the tabbouleh with chickpeas on my own plate.
This salad also makes a large quantity so perfect for a crowd or meal prep.
Scroll down for recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads, Sides
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- ½ - 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (approximately 1 bunch)
- ½ -1 cup, chopped flat-leaf parsley (to taste)
- ½ - 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (optional -- I love but my family doesn't so I make it without)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 - 1½ cups cherry tomatoes (to taste), cut in half
- Place quinoa and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes, the fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix prepared quinoa with lemon juice dressing.
- Add scallions, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper. Toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Stores well in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a few days.