Red Pepper Hummus + Salsa Quesadilla
Savory, Nourishing and Delicious!
This Red Pepper Hummus + Salsa Quesadilla is the epitome of keeping it simple!
Two ordinary pantry staples — red pepper hummus & jarred salsa— are the filling for the most extraordinary tasting crispy quesadilla!
This has long been a go-to of mine whenever I don’t have anything prepped and need something quick!
I make it all the time as you can see by a few photos below and I pair it with just about anything, though I am partial to avocado and pico de gallo.
Now, with everyone home trying to work/ attend school, and it seemingly always time for a meal, we are counting on EASY lunches like this more than ever!
And I am loving this simple quesadilla more than ever — it’s gluten-free, vegan, ready in minutes and DELISH!
So what is it?
It’s simply store-bought red pepper hummus, pre-made salsa and a gluten-free tortilla. (I used Siete Foods Almond flour tortilla).
Literally, that’s it!
Heat up a tortilla with a little oil on a saute pan. Top it with hummus, then salsa, then a second tortilla.
Cook until both sides are crispy!
Pro tip: To get it crispy, I like to saute the bottom tortilla for a few minutes (until it starts bubbling and cooking a bit) so that it cooks up a bit before topping with hummus and salsa.
Hope you love it as much as we do!
Scroll down for recipe and leave a comment if you try.
Red Pepper Hummus + Salasa Quesadilla
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 2 gluten-free flour tortillas (I used Siete Foods Almond Flour tortillas)
- ⅓ cup red pepper hummus (or to taste)
- ⅓ cup salsa (or to taste)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with oil.
- Lay one tortilla in the pan. Let cook 1 minute.
- Spread hummus evenly on tortilla. Then spread salsa on hummus.
- Top with second tortilla. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook second side 2 minutes or until golden.