I made the pizza crust using GFJules pizza crust mix.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
Roasted Veggie Pizza with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Pizza Crust already made or made according to package. This one is GF Jules pizza crust mix.
- 1/2 8 oz package cremini mushrooms sliced (Note: I usually bake the entire package and use the extra on a second pizza or enjoy the next day)
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus spears trimmed and cut into thirds (Note: I usually bake the entire bunch and enjoy the rest the next day)
- Olive oil for coating vegetables
- Approximately 1/2 cup marinara sauce store bought or homemade
- Approximately 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese torn into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves cut into pieces
- kosher salt to taste
- Prepare pizza crust according to package, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Toss mushrooms, onions, and asparagus in olive oil and lay in a single layer on prepared baking sheets. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until just crispy. (Note the asparagus may take longer depending on how thick they are). Remove from oven, set aside.
- Spread sauce over prepared pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Top evenly with vegetables and mozzarella.
- Bake at 500° for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, vinegar, and pepper in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Drizzle over pizza.
- Sprinkle basil over the pizza, salt to taste and serve.