Roasted Veggie Zoodles Bowl with Tahini Sauce
- 1 lb carrots peeled and cut into strips
- Approximately 1 lb carton or bag of Brussel sprouts cut off ends and halved
- 1 10 oz container of mushrooms well rinsed and sliced
- Neutral oil of your choice -- grapeseed avocado or olive oil
- Kosher Salt
Garlicky and Lemony Zoodles
- 4 zucchini or mix with yellow squash, rinsed and spiralized with skin left on OR approximately 1 lb (4 packed cups) pre-spiralized zucchini noodles
- olive oil approximately 1/2 teaspoon - 1 teaspoon per cup of zoodles
- For each 1 cup serving of zoodles use 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 -1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (we used McCormick brand)
- For each 1 cup serving of zoodles use a few squirts of fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional but recommended
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt add more to taste
- 3/4 cup of warm water or more as needed
Hemp seeds, optional
Fresh herbs for garnish, optional
Tips for prepping ahead
- Roasted veggies can be made ahead, stored in the refrigerator in sealed containers and served room temperature or heated up. I find the best way to heat up roasted veggies in in a skillet with a touch of olive oil. Alternatively you can heat them up in the oven.
- Tahini Sauce can be made ahead and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several days.
- Zoodles: I find it best to spiralize the zucchini noodles ahead of time (if you haven't purchased them already spiralized), but to quick saute them in a skillet when ready to eat. The raw spiralized zoodles stay well in the refrigerator in a sealed container for several days.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- One type of vegetable at a time, either on the baking sheet or in a large bowl, toss the veggies in a small amount of oil (enough to coat but not so much that they are dripping in oil).
- Place in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender and crispy on the edges.
Garlicky and Lemony Zoodles (recommended to saute when ready to serve)
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. When olive oil hot and shimmering (not smoking), add garlic* if using fresh garlic, stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add zucchini noodles. Saute stirring frequently until Zucchini noodles are tender crisp, approximately 5 minutes. (Adjust cooking time if your noodles are thicker or thinner). *If using dried minced garlic, add to zoodles, once they are already cooking.
- Season with salt to taste and give a few squirts of fresh lemon juice. A little goes a long way so start with a few squirts and add more to taste.
- Remove from heat and Stir in sesame seeds.
- Place all ingredients in a small blender or food processor and process until smooth, You may have to stop and scape down the sides.
- Taste and adjust as desired. Add more water for a thinner sauce, more lemon juice for a brighter and tangier sauce.
One thought on “Roasted Veggie Zoodles Bowl with Tahini Sauce”
Do you have a preferred brand of tahini that you buy? I’d love the suggestion.