Roasted Veggies with Miso Tahini Sauce
- 2-4 Sweet potatoes depending on size, cubed or 1 container pre-cubed Sweet Potatoes or Butternut Squash. I peeled skin here but would be equally delicious with skin left on.
- 2-4 baby eggplant depending on size, skin left on, cut into 1/2 inch circles, then quartered
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari optional - makes saltier
Miso Tahini Sauce (from Bon Appetit)
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons white miso
- 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
Forbidden or Black Rice, prepared according to package (1 cup dry yields 3 cups)
Scallions for garnish
Sesame seeds for garnish
Roasted Veggies & Miso Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake 30 minutes or until tender. For more crispy squash, bake a bit longer. Set aside.
- Toss eggplant with olive oil and place in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, or until crispy. Set Aside.
- Chickpeas: In a small bowl, mix oil, miso and tamari if using. Toss chickpeas to coat. Place in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15-30 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. Set Aside.
Miso Tahini Sauce
- Mix ingredients together until well combined