Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs baby or creamer potatoes, halved or quartered to get 1 -1½ pieces 1.5-2 lbs is fine depending on bag size. Could also use full size Idaho or Russet potatoes, just cut into 1 - 1½ inch pieces
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon kosher salt according to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or dairy free butter cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 3 tablepoons grated parmesan cheese optional (we've made these without parmesan, with 2 tablespoons and up to 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss cut potatoes with olive oil. Then add salt, rosemary and parmesan if using and toss to coat evenly.
- Place coated potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets so that they are not touching. The space between the potatoes will allow them to get crispy. Sprinkle with butter pieces if using to get extra crisp edges.
- Bake on top rack for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden and crisp.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Any leftovers can be reheated in a saute pan to warm get crisp edges again. Heat saute pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil as needed, added leftover cold potatoes and heat until warm. To speed up the process and warm through, cover pan with a lid for 5 minutes, then remove lid and continue heating to get crisp.