Salted Dark Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour we used Barney Butter Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup culinary coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips we used Enjoy Life
- Kosher salt or coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside,
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until well combined.
- Divide dough into 16 equal parts and place on lined baking sheet. Roll each part into a small round ball. Then using your thumb, make a small indent in the middle of each ball.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Cookie will still be a little soft.
- Meanwhile, while cookies bake, melt coconut milk and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- When cookies done baking and still warm, reinforce the them indent if needed.
- Pour a small amount of chocolate mixture into each cookie indent (you may have some leftover chocolate)
- Let cookies cool completely. Sprinkle with salt.
- Store in an air tight container.