Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- 2 Zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch circles, then half or quarters depending on the size of the zucchini
- 4 -6 large tomatoes seeded and diced OR 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on the size
- 4-6 cloves garlic chopped or minced
- 2-3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil start with 2 tablespoons and add more as needed
- 2-3 tablespoons plain tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional but adds just a little spiciness
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped + more for serving
- 1 12 oz box Gluten-free Spaghetti we used Barilla
- Optional: ricotta salata or goat cheese for serving
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute or two or until just fragrant.
- Add zucchini and cook for 7- 10 minutes, covered and stirring occasionally, or until starting to soften
- Just before adding in the tomatoes, start cooking spaghetti according to package. Tip: Before draining spaghetti, you'll want to reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, if using, to the zucchini, and cook another 8-10 minutes, covered if desired (I find it helps the tomatoes cook more/quicker) and stirring occasionally, until both zucchini and tomatoes soft and tender.
- Remember to reserve pasta water and drain pasta.
- Add pasta and 1/2 reserved water to the cooked veggie mix and cook an additional minute, stirring well to combine. Add more reserved water as desired to make a creamier sauce
- Add in basil and stir to combine.
- Serve and topped with additional fresh basil.
- Option, top with ricotta salata, feta or goat cheese.
5 thoughts on “Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes”
I bought quite a bit of zucchini today at farmer’s market and low and behold, I received your A-Z recipes on zucchini.
Well, make the fried zucchini rounds and the zucchini sticks. Absolutely love them!!! Also made the Pasta with Zucchini&Tomatoes, with a slight change. I added some of chopped basil in with the tomatoes for extra flavor and topped the pasta with crumbled feta. “A BIT OF HEAVEN IN EVERY BITE”!!!!!! Will be making lots more of your recipes….
I gave this recipe the max 5 stars, but actually a 10 star dish. Would not let me rate dish. Sorry, Connie
Aw, thank you!! Happy you love so much!
The pasta was delicious and could not have been easier to make! As someone who is not a professional in the kitchen, this was a great meal!
So happy you found it easy to make and loved it as much as we do!