Seven Layer Bean Dip
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can refried beans
- 2-3 teaspoons gluten-free taco seasoning according to taste
- 2/3 cup low fat sour cream or dairy free alternative
- 3- 3 1/2 ripe avocados depending on size
- ½ cup jarred banana peppers chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heaping cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 2/3 cup -1 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese or dairy free alternative
- 1/3 cup black olives sliced
- 1/3 cup green onions sliced (green part only)
- Place Tomatoes in a strainer over a bowl, sprinkle with salt and set aside while you prep the other layers. This will help the tomatoes release some water so that the dip doesn't get watery.
- Bean Layer: In a small bowl mix refried beans and taco seasoning. Gently fold in black beans.
- Guacamole layer: With a fork gently mash 2 avocados. Mix in the peppers. Then gently fold in cilantro. Add in the third avocado and gently mash with a fork (I like to do the third avocado last so that there are some chunky avocado pieces but mix to your liking). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a shallow pan (8x 12 or 8 x 11), use a spatula to layer beans, guacamole, sour cream, diced tomatoes, cheese, black olives and chopped green onions.
- Serve with your favorite chips. Enjoy!