Southwestern Tofu Scramble & Veggies
Tofu Scramble (adapted from Vegetarian Times)
- 1 container extra firm tofu drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions white and green part chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce or more to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt depending on personal tastes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro or Parsley I've made it both ways
- 1 5 oz container fresh baby spinach
- 1 container campari tomatoes or cherry tomatoes halved or whole
- 1 bag of petite potatoes any color or mixed
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic Optional
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 avocado sliced
- Cut Potatoes in half or quarters, depending on preference
- Toss potatoes in olive oil.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and rosemary, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for approximately 25-35 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden
- Pat dry tofu and cover in an absorbent towel or many paper towels then cover with a heavy pan and let sit for 10-15 minutes to release water.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil, then add peppers and carrots, and saute 7-10 minute until just tender. Stir in green onions, garlic, cumin and turmeric, and cook 1 minute..
- Unwrap tofu, and with a fork or your hands crumble tofu into bite size pieces directly into pan veggies. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce. Stir to combine and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until tofu heated through. Stir in cilantro or parsley and serve.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 2-3 minced garlic cloves if using and saute 30 seconds, until just fragrant. Add spinach and saute 2-4 minutes until wilted. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Gently toss tomatoes in a touch of olive oil
- Roast in a preheated 400 degree over for 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and skin is starting to peel back