Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise or Vegan mayo I've made it both ways
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz can white beans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can baby artichoke hearts drained and chopped (the original recipe says to quarter them, we prefer to cut them into bite size pieces)
- 1 9 oz or 10oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella or to taste I have used more and less!
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat a 1 or 1 1/2 quart glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place romano cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, minced garlic and white beans in a food processor, and process until smooth. Scrape down sides and process again to make sure it's really smooth.
- Spoon bean mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in the artichokes and spinach.
- Spoon entire mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Tips: Can be made ahead and heats up well. If making ahead, prepare mixture and spoon into the baking dish but do not yet top with mozzarella. Instead cover the baking dish and store in the refrigerator until ready to heat up. Remove from fridge and top with mozzarella when ready to cook and serve.