Spinach, Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato (Crustless) Quiche
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves garlic minced (I use 2 if large cloves, 3 if tiny)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 packed cups fresh spinach
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled or chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil a 9-10 inch baking dish with olive oil using a paper towel.
Prepare quiche filling
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes or until tender and translucent. Add garlic, saute for about 30 seconds or until just fragrant.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, approximately 3- 5 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and set aside. *
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined. Stir in sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, rosemary and onion/ spinach mix. * Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- * I like to keep aside a few pieces of spinach, goat cheese and tomatoes for decorating the top of the quiche.
Assemble & Bake
- Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish.
- If you have set aside a few pieces of spinach, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, place them on top of the mixture to "decorate" the quiche.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 40-45 minutes** or until quiche is golden brown and center set (no longer jiggly and toothpick comes cleanly out of center).
- **Check quiche at 30 minutes. If the top looks like it's browning too much for your taste, cover gently with foil for last part of baking.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers heat up well.