Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Single or double gluten-free pie crust Pie crust recipe coming soon (The photo below we used Whole Foods Gluten Free crust)
- 2-3 cups fresh strawberries quartered
- 2-3 cups fresh rhubarb cut in 1/2 inch - 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 9 inch pie pan
- Mix fruits, zest, corn starch, salt, and sugar in a large bowl
- Add filling to pie crust so that it is level, not heaping
Cover with second pie crust (you can use a latice design if you like)
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes (you may want to put foil on the top for the last 10 minutes if the crust is getting too dark)
If doing a single crust, bake in a 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes
- When crust is brown (15-20 minutes) take out and cover with foil
- Return to oven for 20-30 minutes.
Without a pie crust….