Summer Veggie Skillet Nachos
- The quantities are guidelines and can be adjusted based on tastes.
- A large bag of your favorite gluten-free corn chips
- 1 zucchini cut into 1/4 inch circles/ or half moon shapes
- 1 squash cut into 1/4 inch thick circles or half moon shapes.
- avocado oil for pre-roasting zucchini and squash
- 1 can black bean drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese shredded (or substitute dairy free cheese if vegan)
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and diced
- 1 to mato or approx 15 cherry or grape tomatoes seeded and diced (I like to cut these first, sprinkle with salt and let sit to release their water as I prep the other veggies and beans)
- 1 bunch scallions green side chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 - 1/2 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños seeded and sliced for topping (optional)
Zucchini and Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- While you prep the other veggies, toss the zucchini and squash separately in a little avocado oil and place in a single layer on a prepared baking sheets, sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Set aside to be used for nacho toppings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large oven proof skillet or rimmed baking sheet, spread tortilla chips evenly
- Add half the beans, cheese, yellow pepper, tomato, scallions, onion, zucchini and squash.
- Add a second layer of tortilla chips and top with the remaining beans, cheese, yellow pepper, tomato, onion, zucchini and squash
- Top with scallions and jalapeños if desired.
- Place skillet in hot oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and serve.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado, or guacamole as desired.