Tahini Chocolate Chip Blondies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or butter alternative softened (we used Earth Balance Dairy Free, Soy Free stick)
- 1/2 cup tahini well stirred
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter I used Barney Butter- Amazon Affiliate link
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips plus extra for topping (optional but recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8-inch-square baking pan: cover parchment paper, allowing it to slightly overhang opposite ends.
- Cream butter, tahini and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Whisk almond flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Top with additional chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. As with all gluten-free baking, if the top seems brown enough but you want the center to cook a bit more, loosely cover with foil and return to oven.
- Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes. Lift the entire parchment paper out and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week or two. Freeze well too!
6 thoughts on “Tahini Chocolate Chip Blondies”
My husband loved these Tahini Chocolate Chip Blondies and he usually does not enjoy my GF treats. I watch my sugar so I lowered the sugar to 1/2 c. and cut the chocolate chips down to 1/2 c also. They were even delicious and chewy after they cooled off.
Yay! That makes me so happy! Love that you were able to cut back on the sugar and chips and they still tasted great! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Made this twice already and it’s definitely going to be a regular thing. We all love it! I actually think it’s better the day after you make it?
Love that you love these as much as we do! Thank you!
These are simply divine! Love the moist, chewy texture. I also reduced sugar to 1/2 cup. Served these warm with vanilla ice cream. Your recipes never disappoint!
Thank you so much! Happy you loved them!