Tahini Chocolate Chip Blondies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or butter alternative softened (we used Earth Balance Dairy Free, Soy Free stick)
- 1/2 cup tahini well stirred
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter I used Barney Butter- Amazon Affiliate link
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips plus extra for topping (optional but recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8-inch-square baking pan: cover parchment paper, allowing it to slightly overhang opposite ends.
- Cream butter, tahini and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Whisk almond flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Top with additional chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. As with all gluten-free baking, if the top seems brown enough but you want the center to cook a bit more, loosely cover with foil and return to oven.
- Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes. Lift the entire parchment paper out and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week or two. Freeze well too!