Thai Rainbow Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Kale approximately 1 bunch, de-stemmed and torn or chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 packed cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 - 1 cup Bean sprouts to taste
- 1 cup Red Cabbage sliced thin
- 1 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1/2 - 1 cup Scallions green parts, sliced
- Add ins:
- Extra Firm Tofu approximately 1/2 container, rinsed, drained and cubed (I purchased pre-grilled tofu which worked well here)
- Grilled chicken 1-2 pieces, sliced or cubed
Peanut Sauce/ Dressing
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 -1 inch piece ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 "squirts" siracha sauce
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1/4 cup hot water you can use less if you want a thicker sauce but for the salad, we prefer thinner
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and blended until smooth, approximately 1 minute
- Toss salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drizzle with Peanut Sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!