The Best Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cake (Option: to make 12 cupcakes, use 1/2 of all the ingredients)
- 1 ½ cups Canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten free flour with xanthan gum we used GF Jules, affiliate link
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots cut carrots into medium size pieces and pulsed them in a food processor until what grated would look like
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple drained
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts omit if nut -free
- ¾ cup raisins optional. (we didn't use)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese room temperature or dairy free alternative
- ½ cup butter or dairy free butter, room temperature
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and Grease pans. If using tube pan or round cake pans, cut our parchment paper to fit the bottom in the shape of the circle. Grease the parchment paper well too. This will make it easy to removed cake from pans. If making cupcakes, line 12 full size muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- Mix oil and sugar thoroughly in mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the grated carrots to the wet ingredients.
- Add vanilla and drained pineapple. Mix thoroughly.
- Add walnuts and raisins if using. Again, beat thoroughly.
- *Pour into pan.
- *Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins if baking the 2 9 inch cakes. Bake at 50 - 60 min if baking the tube or 9x13 inch cake, or until a cake tester comes out clean. As with all Gluten-free baking, if you feel the top is browning but the center isn't fully cooked, cover loosely with foil and continue to bake.
- *If making cupcakes, pour or spoon batter evenly into 12 prepared muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins, then loosely cover and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes or until toothpick comes out of center cleanly.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan(s) and peel back parchment paper off the base of the cake.
- Cream all ingredients together and frosting on cake once cake is baked and cooled.
- If frosting a double layer cake, frost the top of the bottom cake, then place the second cake on top, frost the top and then the sides.