The Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together with a large spoon (I used a stand mixer) the egg, vanilla and almond butter until combined.
- Stir in the almond flour, salt, coconut sugar, and baking soda until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts, oats and chocolate chips, working the dough a bit to get everything distributed evenly (the dough will be thick - that's okay)
- Scoop the dough into rounded teaspoonfuls and drop them onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown (I cooked mine for 9 minutes).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the texture is best on the first day (Liz likes to make small batches and eat them fresh), they'll keep uncovered at room temperature for 2-3 days.