Tofu Scramble + all the Veggies
Savory, Flavorful & Crowd-pleasing!
Tonight we scrambled it up (pun intended) and had Breakfast for Dinner! TOFU SCRAMBLE + alll the veggies.
Tofu Scramble with diced onions, peppers and carrots simply seasoned with salt, pepper & turmeric, Hilary’s Veggie Breakfast Sausage, Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Spinach and Roasted Tomatoes. Savory, nourishing and so delicious!
More on Hilary’s veggie sausage… There are two awesome flavors — Spicy Veggie Sausage & Apple Maple Veggie Sausage— to satisfy sweet and savory tastebuds. They are made with wholesome ingredients like lentils, millet, dates herbs and spices. And they are super easy to heat up just like their veggie burgers. Sure to become another pantry staple!
Post sponsored by Hilary’s Eat Well but opinions are my own.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Tofu Scramble & Veggies
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dinner, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan
- 1 container extra firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, white and green part chopped and separated
- 1 small yellow onion (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt (depending on personal tastes)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Either flavor -- Apple Veggie or Spicy Veggie or 1 of each!
- 1 5oz container fresh baby spinach
- 1 container cherry tomatoes on the vine or cherry tomatoes, halved or whole
- 1 bag of petite potatoes, any color or mixed
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced, Optional
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut Potatoes in half or quarters, depending on preference
- Toss potatoes in olive oil.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake for approximately 25-35 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden
- Pat dry tofu and cover in an absorbent towel or many paper towels then cover with a heavy pan and let sit for 10-15 minutes to release water.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil, then add onion and white parts of green onions. Saute 5 minutes. Add peppers and carrots, and saute 7-10 minute until just tender. Stir turmeric, salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute.
- Unwrap tofu, and with a fork or your hands crumble tofu into bite size pieces directly into pan veggies. Stir to combine and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until tofu heated through. You can sprinkle with more turmeric at this point if you want the tofu to have even more of a yellow color.
- Remove from heat, top with green part of green onion and serve.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 1-2 minced garlic cloves if using and saute 30 seconds, until just fragrant. Add spinach and saute 2-4 minutes until wilted. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Gently toss tomatoes in a touch of olive oil
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and skin is starting to peel back