Vegan Caesar Wrap with Crispy Chickpeas
No Oil Vegan Caesar Dressing (makes about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini unsweetened and salt free
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon capers in their brine lately I've been skipping this and adding extra miso
Nut Free Parmesan
- 2/3 cup roasted salted pepitas
- 2 heaping tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained, well rinsed and blotted dry with a paper towel
- 1-2 tablespoon avocado oil
- kosher salt
for each wrap
- 1 gluten-free flour tortilla we used Siete Foods Almond Flour Tortilla
- approximately 1 heaping cup romaine heart chopped into big chunks (
- approximately 1/4 - 1/3 cup roasted chickpeas
- dressing to taste
- parmesan to taste
No Oil Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Soak cashews in water in a blender for at least 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside. Store leftovers covered in the fridge.
Nut Free Parmesan
- Blend on high in a small blender or food processor.
- Store in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet, toss with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. I tend to do 15-20 minutes.
- Pro Tip: Alternatively, you could saute them with a touch of olive oil and kosher salt 5 minutes to warm up the chickpeas.
- In a large bowl combine romaine, chickpeas and dressing to taste toss to combine, adding more dressing as desired.
- To each wrap, add the dressed romaine and chickpeas. Top with parmesan and enjoy!