Veggie Bean Tacos
Flavorful & Nourishing!
After a weekend of indulgent eating, it’s back to basics with these one-pan Veggie Bean Tacos. Carrots, mushrooms, squash, red pepper, black beans and corn all sautéed in a Mexican spice blend and topped with avocado, cilantro and a sour cream-lime drizzle.
Packed with flavor and nutrients, this has been a go to meal of ours for years. We love that it can be made ahead and heated up and we love that the veggie bean mix works equally well with tacos, quesadillas or burritos. It is one of those meals that is highly adaptable too… you can substitute vegetables based on tastes and availability and use an already made taco seasoning or the spice blend blend below.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Veggie Bean Tacos
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies
- 1-2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, peeled & chopped
- 1 container chopped mushrooms
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn (optional)
- 1¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- sour cream or vegan sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat canola oil in a large saute pan.
- Add garlic and saute for approx 1 minute until tender & fragrant.
- Add pepper & carrots.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until just starting to get tender.
- Add squash, mushrooms, beans and corn if using.
- Add spices and mix well. (You can add more or less according to tastes).
- Let simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring periodically, until tender. (Veggie mix can be made ahead and warmed up when ready to eat).
- While veggies simmer, prep your toppings.
- Chop avocado and cilantro.
- Mix ½ cup sour cream & 1-2 tbsp of lime juice for sour cream drizzle.
- Warm corn tortillas in microwave or grill pan if desired.
- Put warm veggie bean mix in a corn tortilla, top with avocado, cilantro and sour cream drizzle.
- Feel free to add chicken for the meat lovers in your family.
- Serves 4.