Veggie Burger & Crispy Baked Fries
Easy, Savory & Satisfying!
After several (amazing) days of beach time, salads and snack-y food, I was looking forward to this classic summer combo.
My Gluten-Free, Vegan take on it… Hilary’s Veggie Burger topped with the creamiest avocado & a basket full of crispy baked fries.
We love Hilary’s Veggie Burgers for quick and easy meals. Certified Gluten-free, Organic, Vegan, made with minimally processed ingredients, free of common allergens, DELISH and… all you have to do is heat them up! (I like mine sautéed 3 minutes each side or grilled 5 minutes each side).
Post sponsored by Hilary’s Eat Well but opinions are my own.
Scroll down for recipe.
Veggie Burger + Baked Crispy Fries
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Sides
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 2 medium to large potatoes, well scrubbed and dried
- 2 tablespoons, oil (avocado oil, canola or grapeseed)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ fresh avocado
- Fresh tomato slices
- Prepare according to package. I love preparing it stove top or on the grill for a crispy topping.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Make sure potatoes are well dried.
- Cut potatoes into strips. You want to cut your fries or wedges into even sizes so they cook evenly. Mine were approximately 3 inches long x ½ inch thick but they can be any size.
- Place fries in a large bowl and toss evenly with oil. (You want the fries to be coated but not dripping in oil). Place oiled fries in a single layer on ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet covered in non stick foil. Make sure fries are not touching and that there is room between each so that they can get crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes, flip, and roast an additional 5-10 minutes until crispy on outside and tender on inside. The time will vary depending on thickness of fries and how crispy you like them.
- Serve immediately. If extras, store in a seal container in fridge and reheat in oven or stove top.