Veggie Burger – Sweet Potato Bowl
Savory and Satisfying!
Hilary’s Hemp & Greens Veggie Burger, Sweet Potato topped with tahini sauce and roasted chickpeas, a big bowl of greens and avocado, of course. All the focus is on Thanksgiving but we still need to eat all week leading up to it…. dinner just needs to be super quick, easy and nourishing.
That’s why I love Hilary’s Veggie Burgers… all you need to do is heat them up! Certified Gluten-free, Organic, Vegan, made with minimally processed ingredients, free of common allergens, and really yummy! I happen to be a fan of the Hemp & Greens because is made with hemp seeds, lots of greens and lots of herbs like thyme so it has a great herby flavor. Perfect own their own in a salad or with a bun as a classic burger.
Post sponsored by Hilary’s but opinions my own.
Scroll down for recipe.
Veggie Burger Sweet Potato Salad Bowl
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 Hilary's Hemp & Greens Burger (or choose your favorite flavor!)
- 1 Sweet Potato
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup mixed greens or lettuce
- 1 can chickpeas (there will be extra for another meal)
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp – ½ tsp of sea salt (according to taste)
- ¼ cup of warm water
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Make a slit in the top of each sweet potato. Top with roasted chickpeas and tahini sauce to taste.
- Place garlic and salt in a food processor and process for 10-15 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients & process until smooth, about 30-60 seconds. You may have to stop and scape down the sides.
- Taste and adjust as desired. Add more water for a thinner sauce.
- Prepare according to package
- Toss in avocado oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.