Veggie Quinoa Stir Fry with pistachios and avocado
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 bunch green onion chopped, white part separated from greens
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 cups chopped veggies ideas: broccoli, snap peas, cauliflower, carrots, greens. mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or sesame oil or more avocado oil
- Kosher Salt & pepper to taste
- Approx 2 cups cooked & cooled quinoa
- Handful of roasted salted pistachios
- 1 avocado diced
- Sesame Seeds optional
- In a large saute pan, heat avocado oil until shimmering.
- Sauté onion & white part of green onion until soft & translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic. Sauté till fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add in mixed vegetables and toasted sesame oil, mix together and saute for approximately 7-10 minutes until vegetables tender (for softer vegetables cook longer)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When vegetables cooked to taste, add in prepared quinoa and mix to combine and heat quinoa.
- Remove from heat and top with avocado, green parts of scallions, pistachios and sesame seeds if using.
- Serve warm or cold.