Classic & Edamame Hummus
Classic Chickpea Hummus (5 minutes)
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ c tahini
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Asian Edamame Hummus (10 minutes)
- 2 cups frozen edamame shelled
- 1 clove garlic peeled and quartered
- 2 green onions whites and greens sliced
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp canola mayo use Vegan Mayo if desired
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 1 tbsp gluten-free white miso
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 tsp wasabi
Classic Chickpea Hummus
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor. Add the olive oil by streaming while mixing.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust to tastes as desired.
Asian Edamame Hummus
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add frozen edamame and garlic. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until beans are tender - crisp. Drain in a colander.
- Set aside a few edamame beans for garnish.
- Add edamame, garlic, and remaining ingredients in a food processor. Pulse about a minutes or until smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides as necessary, Taste and adjust to tastes.