ALL the Roasted Veggies Italian Style
Think Olive Oil, Garlic and Rosemary
Meal prepping is always a good idea. Especially when the days are busy and everyone comes home hungry, having some vegetables, grains and meat ready to heat up is the easiest and fastest way to get dinner on the table.
This past weekend I was fortunate enough to have my Mother-in-law who was visiting help me with meal prep. My mother-in-law is a great cook and grew up in Italy so think olive oil, garlic and rosemary! The house smelled amazing as we roasted lots of vegetables and grilled polenta.
She also prepared for dinner her famous rosemary tomato sauce with chicken but I didn’t get a good photo so I will make it again soon and post the recipe because is really delicious!
But back to this plate… the benefits of yesterday’s meal prep were reaped today when after a crazy, busy day out of the house, I came home ravenous and was able to heat up this plate of veggie goodness!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
ALL the veggies Italian Style
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan
- Asparagus, one bunch, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 package pre-cut cauliflower, or 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 1 package pre-cut mushrooms, or 1 package mushrooms, rinsed & chopped
- 1 package organic cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 package pre-cut yellow squash and zucchini or 1 yellow squash & 1 zucchini, rinsed and sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lots! (probably 4-5 tbsp)
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 6-7 Garlic cloves, some sliced, some minced
- Kosher salt
- Parmesan cheese, a few spoonfuls for asparagus (optional)
- 1 or 2 cups, prepared according to package
- All the vegetables were placed individually in a single layer on baking sheets and roasted at 400 degrees for varying times and with the following seasoning (feel free to adjust to taste):
- Squash and Zucchini - Toss in olive oil, garlic slices and rosemary; Roast for 25 minutes
- Asparagus - Toss in olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan cheese; Roast for 20 minutes or until just getting crispy. My asparagus were particularly thin. Thicker asparagus will take longer, up to 45 minutes.
- Cauliflower - Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt; Roast 20 minutes
- Chickpeas- Toss in olive oil & rosemary, sprinkle with kosher salt; Roast 15 minutes
- Mushrooms - Toss in olive oil, minced garlic and rosemary; Roast 15 minutes
- Cherry tomatoes - Toss in olive oil, garlic & rosemary optional; Roast 10 minutes
- Prepare polenta according to package. Once cooled, slice into varying shapes, spray an indoor grill pan with olive oil and grill until the outside is crispy, approximately 10 minutes each side