Warm 7 Layer Mexican Dip
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can refried beans
- 2-3 teaspoons gluten-free taco seasoning according to taste
- 1 cup low fat sour cream or dairy free alternative
- 3- 3½ ripe avocados depending on size
- ½ cup jarred banana peppers chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heaping cup grape tomatoes quartered or smaller according to taste and how big the tomatoes are.
- ⅔ cup -1 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese or dairy free alternative
- ⅓ cup black olives sliced
- ⅓ cup green onions sliced (green part only)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Tomatoes in a strainer over a bowl, sprinkle with salt and set aside while you prep the other layers. This will help the tomatoes release some water so that the dip doesn't get watery.
- Make Bean Layer: In a small bowl mix refried beans and taco seasoning. Gently fold in black beans.
- Make Guacamole layer: With a fork gently mash 2 avocados. Mix in the peppers. Then gently fold in cilantro. Add in the third avocado and gently mash with a fork (I like to do the third avocado last so that there are some chunky avocado pieces but mix to your liking). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble: In a shallow pan (8x 12 or 8 x 11), use a spatula to layer beans, then guacamole, then sour cream. Top with black olives and diced tomatoes. Then top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and it's heated all the way through. Pro-tip: if your pan is packed to the brim, place pan on a baking sheet before baking. It will make it easier to get in and out of the oven and if it bubbles over, it won't be a mess!
- Top with green onions.
- Serve with your favorite chips. Enjoy!