Warm Garlicky Lemon Zoodles Bowl with Roasted Veggies + Tahini Sauce
Roasted Vegetables. (will give you some for a today and extra for another day)
Spiced Butternut Squash
- 1 package pre-cubed butternut squash or 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
1 1 lb bag of Brussel sprouts, cut off ends and halve or 1 package pre-halved brussel sprouts
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-2 inch florets or 1 package of pre-cut cauliflower
- Neutral oil of your choice -- grapeseed avocado or olive oil (I used grapeseed for the cauliflower)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric sometimes I add more depending on how much cauliflower I have
- Kosher Salt
Hemp seeds, optional
Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
Garlicky and Lemony Zoodles
- 4 zucchini or mix with yellow squash, rinsed and spiralized with skin left on OR approximately 1 lb (4 packed cups) pre-spiralized zucchini noodles TIP: plan one zucchini per serving
- Olive oil approximately ½ teaspoon - 1 teaspoon per cup of zoodles
- For each 1 cup serving of zoodles use 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or ½ -1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (we used McCormick brand)
- For each 1 cup serving of zoodles use a few squirts of fresh lemon juice or more to tastef (up to 1 tablespoon)
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional but recommended
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt add more to taste
- 3/4 cup of warm water add more as needed or desired
Tips for prepping ahead/ reheating
- Roasted veggies can be made ahead, stored in the refrigerator in sealed containers and served room temperature or heated up. I find the best way to heat up roasted veggies in in a skillet with a touch of olive oil. Alternatively you can heat them up in the oven.
- Tahini Sauce can be made ahead and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several days.
- Zoodles: I find it best to spiralize the zucchini noodles ahead of time (if you haven't purchased them already spiralized), but to quick saute them in a skillet when ready to eat. The raw spiralized zoodles stay well in the refrigerator in a sealed container for several days.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Spiced Butternut Squash:
- In a large bowl add oil, cumin, paprika, and sea salt and mix to combine.
- Add Butternut Squash and toss to cover in oil-spice mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Turn squash over. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until tender. For more crispy squash, bake a bit longer. Set aside.
- Toss in a small amount of olive or avocado oil. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, or until crispy
- In a medium bowl, mix a 1-2 tablespoons of oil with the turmeric until well combined.
- Add cauliflower florets and toss to cover cauliflower with the turmeric-oil mixture. Add more oil and turmeric as needed or desired to coat all the cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 30 minutes or until starting to brown and get crispy on edges.
Garlicky and Lemony Zoodles (recommended to saute when ready to serve)
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. When olive oil hot and shimmering (not smoking), add garlic* if using fresh garlic, stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add zucchini noodles. Saute stirring frequently until Zucchini noodles are tender crisp, approximately 5 minutes. (Adjust cooking time if your noodles are thicker or thinner). *If using dried minced garlic, add to zoodles, once they are already cooking.
- Season with salt to taste and give a few squirts of fresh lemon juice. A little goes a long way so start with a few squirts and add more to taste.
- Remove from heat and Stir in sesame seeds.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, You may have to stop and scape down the sides.
- Taste and adjust as desired. Add more water for a thinner sauce, more lemon juice for a brighter and tangier sauce.