Wasabi Tofu Sushi Bowl
Wasabi Roasted Tofu (from Vegetarian Times)
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 –1 tsp. wasabi powder
- 12 oz firm tofu rinsed, drained and wrapped in paper towels a few minutes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2½ teaspoons Sriracha feel free to add more if you want an extra kick
- 1-2 cups brown rice
- 5-7 carrots cut into strips (divided among bowls)
- 1 cucumber cut into strips (divided among
- 1 avocado sliced
- sesame seeds
- pickled ginger
Wasabi Roasted Tofu
- Preheat oven to 450°F, and line baking sheet non-stick foil.
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients in large bowl. Add tofu, and toss to coat cubes in marinade. Let sit 15 minutes. (or less if you're short on time, will still taste great)
- Place tofu in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Top with a little more marinade. Roast tofu 10 minutes. Flip, and roast 5 minutes more, or until sides are golden brown. ( Tofu cubes will puff up a bit)
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- In each bowl, place brown rice, tofu, carrots, cucumbers, avocado and pickled ginger. Drizzle with mayo. Top with sesame seeds and micro greens.