Easy, refreshing and versatile
Dancing into the first weekend of Summer with this WATERMELON SALSA ?
Watermelon may be our favorite summer fruit, and chips & salsa are definitely a go to snack, so and this Watermelon Salsa with chips is a total win!
Watermelon, mango, cucumber, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice & zest, cilantro & mint. Perfect balance of sweet and savory, or add more kick with extra jalapeño. The lime & cucumber keeps it light & fresh, with juicy watermelon in every bite. It’s the perfect taste of summer!
Serve with your favorite chip (we think it’s great with Siete Family Foods Grain-free Lime Tortilla Chips!), or in a salad with kale, or with your protein of choice.
Scroll down for the recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Appetizer, Sides, Snacks
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 3 cups watermelon, chopped into bite size pieces. (These were about ¼ inch cubes)
- ¾ cup mango, chopped chopped into bite size pieces. (These were about ¼ inch cubes)
- ¾ cup cucumber, chopped into bite size pieces. (These were about ¼ inch cubes)
- ¾ red onion, chopped into bite size pieces. (These were about ¼ inch cubes
- ¼ cup jalapeño, chopped into bite size pieces. (These were about ¼ inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Dash of salt
- Gently combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Taste and adjust as desired:
- ---For more kick, a little more jalapeño
- ---For more sweetness add: a little more mango or watermelon
- ---For more freshness, add more cucumber or lime juice or fresh herbs