Charred Corn Salsa
- NOTE: recipe halves well and is customizable -- feel free to add more or less of your favorite ingredient to tastes
Zesty Corn Salsa
- 5 ears fresh corn OR 4 cups frozen or canned corn 2 15oz cans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jalapeños de-seeded and minced
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- If using corn on the cob, preheat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill, uncovered, turning often, until charred on most or all sides, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool a bit then, with a knife, slice kernels off the cobs.
- If using canned or frozen corn, heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add corn, and saute for 10-12 minutes or until it starts to brown. If it starts to "pop", cover and continue cooking.
- Combine corn, remaining 1-2 tablespoons oil and all the remaining ingredients.
- Taste, season with additional salt/pepper and enjoy!
- Tastes best fresh but keeps well in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several days so can make ahead.