Zucchini Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 2.5 tablespoons water, soaked 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup zucchini shredded, let stand for 10 mins and gently press out excess liquid
- 1/3 cup chips + plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners, lightly spray or oil paper liners to avoid sticking.
- If you haven't already, shred your zucchini and let stand while you gather the rest of your ingredients, then gently press out any excess water using a paper towel or cheese cloth.
- If you haven't already, prepare your flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal with water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add all liquid ingredients: milk, maple syrup, mashed banana, flax egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients: oats, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix to combine.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips (reserve a few for topping if you like, or just add extra on top!) and mix to combine. Mixture will be a little liquidy.
- Using a small ladel or large spoon, spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins as evenly as possible, gently spooning or pressing mixture flat and into corners. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest for 5 mins, then enjoy! Or let cool on a baking rack.
- Store in the refrigerator for several days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in microwave for 15-30 seconds to warm as desired.