Zucchini Muffins or Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups loosely packed coarsely grated zucchini, and drained (I tend to grate the zucchini and let it stand in a colander for 20-30 minutes, then I transfer the zucchini to a cheese cloth and squeeze the water out)
- 1 3/4 cup sugar The quantity has already been reduced from the original recipe though I have made it with as little as 1 1/2 cups sugar and still good!
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour I use GF Jules, affiliate link
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and depending on whether you're making muffins, loaf bread or both, grease and flour the loaf pan(s) and/ or line the muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until frothy
- Add and beat in sugar, oil and vanilla until the mixture is thick and lemon-colored
- Stir in the zucchini
- Sift cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder into the flour (I just mix in a bowl with a pastry cutter)
- Add flour and other sifted ingredients into the mix
- Fold in the chopped nuts
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans (8"x4" works well), OR 18-24 lined muffin tins (number of muffins depends on how big you want them -- Fill 3/4 of the cup or 1/2 the cup depending on how big you want the muffins) , OR 1 loaf pan and 12 muffin tins.
- FOR BREAD: Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-55 mins (Insert tooth pick and it should come out clean). Pro tip: if the top is browning, cover loosely with foil and continue baking.
- FOR MUFFINS: Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 mins (insert tooth pick and it should come out clean)
- Cool for ten minutes
- If bread, Invert onto rack