Veggie Pizza on homemade Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Packed with veggies and flavor, this pizza is cozy and melt in your mouth yummy! Pesto recipe from Urban Kitchen Apothecary. Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe from a local food class.
Course: Dinner, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Author: Healthy Gluten-free Family
Vegan Basil-Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- pinch of sea salt + black pepper
- garlic 2-3 cloves minced
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion sliced into think strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small zucchini sliced into thin circles
- 1 small summer squash sliced into thin circles
- 1 ichiban eggplant or small eggplant sliced into thin circles
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Approximately 1/4 cup crumbled feta or to taste (optional)
- micro greens for garnish
- Mix of fennel seeds toasted sesame seeds, salt (I mixed at a 1 to 1 ratio), to taste
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 package cauliflower rice or 1 medium head cauliflower chopped (should yield 2-3 cups fine rice once processed)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
Blend all the pesto ingredients together using a food processor or blender.
Note: I didn't have any trouble blending it in a blender but if too thick or difficult to blend add an additional 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Heat olive oil in a saute pan, add garlic. Saute 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add peppers and onions. Saute 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Remove from heat. Set aside.
One vegetable at a time, toss zucchini, squash and eggplant in a touch of olive oil, lay in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake 20-30 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Spoon Pesto over pizza crust leaving a 1/4 in edge
Top with zucchini, squash, and eggplant.
Top with pepper and onions.
Top with feta if using.
Bake at 425F for 10 minutes or until cheese is warm.
Top with micro greens and sesame seed, fennel, salt mix to taste
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until resembles a powdery snow (about 30 seconds to 1 minute)
Place cauliflower is a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Then pour cauliflower on a clean towel or cheese cloth. Let cool a bit.
Once cauliflower cool enough to handle, wrap it in cheese cloth or towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. This will ensure a chewy crust.
Place cauliflower in a bowl. Add parmesan, mozzarella, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder. Lastly add egg and mix together. Hands tend to work best.
Form the dough into a crust oiled foil. Pat down well into desired shape.
Bake in 450F preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until it starts to turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and add your toppings.