Roasted Portobello Tacos with Corn Salsa
Roasted Portobello Mushrooms*
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps stem cut off
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice optional
- *Option: if you don't like spices or want to switch it up you could roast them with simply olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Brings out more of the mushroom flavor and is delicious!
- 1 15.25 oz can corn drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 green jalapeño de-seeded and finely chopped
- Gluten-free flour or corn tortillas
- Avocado sliced
Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut off stems if you haven't already and slice mushrooms into approximately 1/2 inch pieces. If slices break into pieces, don't worry! It will still taste great!
- In medium bowl add olive oil, lime juice if using, garlic and spices. Mix to combine then gently toss sliced mushrooms until covered in oil/ seasoning.
- Place mushrooms in a single layer on the prepare baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. They will look and feel soft, and will most likely be juicy (depends on mushrooms!)
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olive oil, onion, and remaining ingredients.
- Keeps well so can make ahead or while the mushrooms roast.
- Pro tip: to soften gluten-free tortillas, place them in a stack on a microwave safe plate, cover with a very slightly damp paper towel, then place in a microwave to 15-30 seconds.
- To assemble tacos, in each tortilla, place mushrooms, then top avocado and corn salsa.