Caprese Salad with Greens and Basil Vinaigrette
Basil Vinaigrette (makes 3/4 cup dressing)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh basil packed
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oii canola oil or neutral oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard start with 1 and taste. 1 1/2 makes it a bit creamier but you taste the Dijon more
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 -6 packed cups lettuce of choice - for this salad I like green or red leaf lettuce, a Spring mix or Romaine (or 1 5oz box if using a pre-packaged container)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1-2 cups fresh mozzarella balls halved (according to taste)
- Put the salt and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse to chop and combine
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until basil is completely minced and all ingredients well combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Even add a little bit more mustard or vinegar for some tang...you really can't go wrong!
- In a large bowl combine lettuce and some of the dressing. Top with tomatoes and mozzarella, drizzle with additional dressing and enjoy!
One thought on “Caprese Salad with Greens and Basil Vinaigrette”
The recipe looks easy and clean tasting. I think I’m going to add some sliced hard-boiled egg to it too. Will be having it soon.